Monday 5 July 2010

To The Wind

TO THE WIND
Be quiet
Behave yourself
All morning
you've been rattling at my window
whistling past my chimneytop
shaking the leaves off the trees
banging the not-properly-shut door downstairs
trying to impress me
with your existence
trying to entice me
out of my Sunday-morning bed
Yes
I know
it is a fine and sunny day
but leave me be
and let me stay
© GERALD ENGLAND

Composed: Ackworth, 14th February 1971

Publications

1972 Agog (Scotland, UK)
1976 MEETINGS AT THE MOOR'S EDGE (West Kirkby, Headland)
1993 Quickenings (USA)

*****

AO VENTO
Fique quieto
Comporte-se
Toda a ,manha
voce esta uivando em minha janela
assobiando por cima da minha chamine
sacudino as folhas das arvores
batendo as portas do andar de baixo
que nao foram bem fechadas
tentando me impressionar
com sua existencia
tentando me atrair
para fora da minha cama
domingo de manha
Sim
eu sei
e' um lindo dia de sol
mas deixa-me estar
e deixa-me ficar.
GERALD ENGLAND

(Traducao de Teresinka Pereira)

Publication

1986 International Poetry (USA)

No comments:

Post a Comment